I guess I didn't know what wiki actually was. I had an idea because I knew about Wikipedia and had used it a few times for personal use. The Wikis in Plain English video did a great job in explaining how it works. It's a great way to use it in the classroom. Students could actually go in and comment about questions they may have over homework assignments even when they're not at school. I see social bookmarking being a big help for teachers too. I can see myself using this for help with my lesson plans and see what other websites teachers are using. It would benefit me being a first year teacher to see what is useful and helpful for the students through these bookmarks of the more experienced teachers. I think VoiceThread is more advanced technology. It's neat how you can combine different types of multimedia all in one place. It's interesting how you can download videos, documents, or images and then comment on them by voice. Although it's new to me I'd like to eventually try these Web 2.0 tools. I think it's a new and great way to teach and students may even have fun with it.
I think the bookmark site will be the one most used by me, especially as a new teacher. Communications with other teachers can be very beneficial for finding new ways and things to teach.
ReplyDeleteSusan Dagenais
Exactly my thoughts (:
Delete