Thursday, April 12, 2012

Visualizing with Technologies

I have learned several different ideas to use in the classroom through my research on visualizing with technologies. Discovery Education and Safari Montage involve streaming educational videos via the internet for classroom use. This online streaming can help in clarifying difficult concepts and make them easier to comprehend. Visualization also helps students to convey meaning in order to communicate. I think it's a great inspiration for teachers. It's used to prepare them for life with a variety of  interactive learning resources. It brings lessons to life. It has impacted education in a positive way. I believe it has increased student achievement and student learning. Visual tools are becoming more and more popular and helpful with many concepts. Many people would prefer to process information by seeing. I know I would rather visualize something in order to make sense of it. I am a visual learner and I think it would have helped me tremendously if this kind of technology was used in my younger school days.

2 comments:

  1. I am a visual learner too and I am agree with you in having this technology before. One good thing is that we are learning all about this for our future use in the classroom. I think children retain more by seeing insted of just reading or simple pictures. I really enjoy this activity and I cant wait to use it in my classroom.Thanks for sharing your post

    Maria Martinez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. I can imagine what new things kids will be learning in 10 years or 20. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete